Thursday, February 20, 2014

Four years later

I've been thinking about writing and thought, maybe I should start blogging like my friend Jen.  It turns out that I already had a blogger account, funny as that sounds.

It's weird to write from a phone.  I always wrote out my thoughts by hand before typing them, pecking for the letters one finger at a time.  Over the years I have grown accustomed to typing my thoughts much more rapidly via email and the occasional college paper.  But on the phone; I'm forced to return to the single-finger pecking method. It's thought disrupting; I spell as I peck rather than watching words flow from my pen or through the keyboard in fluid phrases.

So why not return to the keyboard?  No access at work and distractions at the keyboard at home.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I'd like to commit to a daily entry.  Maybe the phone app will make that more convenient.  I hope to rekindle the habit of writing in much the same way I'm hoping to reignite the desire to jog/run again.  I might be taking on too much by chosing both of these, and reading more, but I hope not.  

I cannot promise profound thoughts daily, but my hope is that a few may trickle into the blog occasionally.

I need a new name for the blog though, "Dark Knight" just doesn't seem appropriate any longer.

Au revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment